1.03.2013

Note to self: 2013...


I don't like the word resolution. It's much too strong, carries too much weight and too formal for what this is...

This is more of a personal memo, a note to self type thing.

Anyways, in 2013 I will:

Read more books.
I don't know how many I read in 2012, but I can do better. Let's try fifty. That's not bad for a slow reader. Right?
     
Write better reviews.
Honestly, I don't think I write terrible reviews. But I realize they are brief...and that bothers me a little. On the other hand, I know I don't read uber long reviews (and I sure as hell don't want to write them)--I skim them, until something interesting forces me to do otherwise. So I'm conflicted. Also, I never have the patience to produce a plot summary, so it will never be part of my review writing formula...I don't know. I just need to do better. I'll figure it out.

Connect
I am terrible at reaching out. It goes against my nature. I'm a loner. I tend to connect to only a handful of bloggers on a frequent basis (you know who you are) But to successfully do this blog thing, I need to get over it. I'll try to do more read-alongs and blog surfing and challenges and what not. It's the right thing to do I guess...I don't know how memes will go this year though. I suffered from meme exhaustion around late summer, early fall, so I may or may not continue some of them. FYI - I am on Goodreads, but I only use it for organizational purposes. I am also on Twitter: @ AnbearJay (I'm new to it/ don't tweet that often, haha)

Find a niche
I already kind of have one...sort of. I don't want to read only one type of fiction, or stick to certain authors or groups of authors, but I am going to read along similar themes...does that make sense?

...I'm forgetting something...I know I am. There was one more...oh yeah.

Continue with Quest Alpha 
Completely abandoned it. On accident. 

image: flickr-jetalone

4 comments:

  1. I find it hard to connect with other bloggers also. Sometimes, I wonder if it is because my preferred books is general fiction and most blogs are genre based (YA, Romance, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know what you mean. There are a lot of YA blogs, which is fine. I read some YA--sparingly. But half the time I can't really connect to them because we're just not reading the same type of YA. And I can't get into it...I don't know. And I definitely don't read romance, haha. We'll see what 2013 brings.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. What's up, Amber J?

    Checking out the official blog. I suggest throwing some hard SciFi into your 2013 reading list. Looking good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard sci fi? ...so I've been reading soft?

      Delete