6.20.2012

What's Next

I just realized I've lined up two super long books for myself: 1Q84 and A Clash of Kings. I don't know why I do this--I never look at page numbers and I'm a slow reader...Oh well, I hope they're both good.

So here's what I'll be reading relatively soon:


I need to start back up on some of my reading challenges. This is the 'Black' selection for Color Coded. It's set in the Civil war, which is cool. And I think it's somewhere between 200-250 pages--good.



I love Ursula LeGuin. The Left Hand of Darkness (review here)swept me away. This is probably amazing too. Side note: I think this is a great book cover. Copies with this style cover art are hard to find. 



I think I saw bits and pieces of a cartoon or movie based on this, when I was a child, but I don't remember much. Apparently there's a graphic novel, but I'll be reading the original book. It just seems like something I should pick up while I'm on a fantasy kick. 


So yeah, that's it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Amber, I'll probably start reading A Clash of Kings in the next week or two as well. I loved A Wizard of Earthsea and want to read the rest of the series. And I agree, that is a great cover. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really looking forward to the Le Guin. The entire Earthsea Trilogy(?) looks promising.

      As for A Clash of Kings, I have a feeling I'll get through it faster than I did the first one. I have to know what happened with Daenerys...and everyone else I guess haha.

      Delete