9.25.2012

Top Ten Tuesday - Series I Haven't Finished


Hola. We're trying something new today.

Top Ten Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Basically, you create a list tailored to the week's topic and share it with other readers by linking up at The Broke and The Bookish. You can find out more information here.

This week's topic: Series I Haven't Finished

I tend to avoid series but here it goes...

1) Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer
No explanation necessary.

2) The Millennium Series by Stieg Larsson
I read the The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and....it was okay. It kind of bored me. I tried the audiobook of the second book and it bored me as well. Just not for me I guess.

3) The Easy Rawlins Mysteries by Walter Mosley
I've read the first two books: Devil in a Blue Dress and A Red Death. I just haven't gotten around to the others. It's a good series. I was introduced to it through a reading challenge. It's a cross between "private eye" adventures and social commentary. Very interesting. 

4) The Earthsea Cycle by Ursula K. Le Guin
Another instance where I just haven't gotten around to finishing it. I've read A Wizard Earthsea. It's a really good young adult fantasy series. I love Le Guin's writing, so I'd recommend it to just about anyone. 

5) A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
I feel like I don't need to explain why I haven't finished this series yet. The books are so long! Very good. But very lengthy reads. I've only read A Game of Thrones. I started A Clash of Kings and I'm a little over halfway through. 


Okay, so I only have five, the majority of which I've started in the past year. 


2 comments:

  1. I haven't started the Song of Ice and Fire books because they are so long, I just can't commit! That said, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am determined to open the third book in that series before the end of the year.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete